Functionalities of a Computer
Input, processing, output, and storage are the four basic functionalities of a computer.
- Input is the process of getting information into the computer. A keyboard, a mouse, a scanner, or a digital camera are some examples.
- Processing is turning the input into a form that the computer can understand. A chip containing several tiny processors that work together.
- Output is the process of getting the processing results out of the computer. Through a monitor, a printer, or a storage device.
- Storage is the process of keeping the processing results until they are needed. With a hard drive, a floppy disk, or a CD-ROM.
5 Advantages of a computer with high speed
Computers are capable of performing routine tasks with more incredible speed. It can perform very complex calculations within seconds, and it can give an output within milliseconds or nanoseconds. A fast computer will help to get the results quickly. Speed, accuracy, and efficiency are the essential characteristics of a computer.
1. Increased productivity – with a high-speed computer, you can get your work done faster. You can move from one task to another quickly and access information faster.
2. Enhanced communication – you can communicate with others more effectively with a high-speed computer. You can send and receive information quickly and participate in online meetings more effectively.
3. Improved efficiency – a high-speed computer can help you be more efficient in your work. You can complete tasks more quickly, and you can also access information more easily.
4. Increased accuracy – with a high-speed computer, you can complete tasks more accurately. You can input information more quickly, and you can also access information more easily.
5. Enhanced creativity – a high-speed computer can help you be more creative in your work. You can access information more efficiently, and you can also come up with new ideas more quickly.