Essential parts of the computer
Input device - Input devices enter data and commands into a computer. The most common input device is the keyboard, and other input devices include the mouse, trackball, touchpad, joystick, scanner, and microphone.
Output devices - Output devices display information and result from a computer. The most common output device is the monitor, and other output devices include the printer, plotter, and speakers.
Central processing unit - The central processing unit (CPU) is the heart of the computer, and it performs the calculations and controls the flow of information.
Storage - Storage is the place where data and programs are stored. The most common type of storage is the hard disk, and other types of storage include the floppy disk, the CD-ROM, and the DVD.
Characteristics of a computer system
1. Computers are fast and efficient. They can accurately calculate the result of a complex equation within seconds.
2. Computers can store a large amount of information.
3. Computer is used for a variety of tasks.
4. Computers are easy to use.
5. Computers are affordable.
Advantages of computer
1. Increased speed and accuracy - a computer can carry out a task much faster than a person can and with greater accuracy.
2. Increased storage capacity - computers can store far more information than people.
3. Increased versatility - computers can be used for a wide range of tasks, whereas people are limited to the functions they can carry out.
4. Increased efficiency - computers can often carry out tasks more efficiently than people.
5. Reduced costs - computers can often carry out tasks more cheaply than people can.
Disadvantages of computer
Some disadvantages of computers include the following:
1. They can be a distraction in class or at work.
2. They can be a security risk if they are not password protected.
3. They can be addictive.
4. They can be expensive.