Some points on water transportation as a cheapest means of transport are discussed below.
Water transport is cheaper than other forms of transportation:
- Water transport can carry more goods per trip. This means that fewer trips are needed to transport the same amount of goods, which reduces overall costs.
- The construction and maintenance costs of water transport are lower compared to other means of transportation.
- Water transport requires a lot less fuel to run than land transport.
- Water transport can carry bulky or heavy loads at low costs.
- Water transport is less expensive to build and maintain. Roads require constant upkeep and repairs, which can be costly.
- Water transport moves naturally in water and does not require much fuel for travel.