Some points on characteristics of water transportation are discussed below.
Some characteristics of water transport are:
- Water transportation is a very efficient means of transportation, as it does not require a lot of energy to move people or goods.
- Water transportation is also a very safe form of transportation, as there is no risk of accidents.
- Water transportation is a very environmentally friendly form of transportation, as it does not produce any pollution.
- Water transportation is a very cheap form of transportation, as it does not require a lot of investment.
- Building of infrastructure like bridges and roads is not required for water transport, which makes it cheaper than other means of transportation.
- Water transportation is the most convenient and cost-effective means of transportation. We do not need to create waterways, unlike road and rail transportation, because rivers and seas are provided by nature.
- It is cost-efficient compared to other forms of transportation because it uses the natural forces of wind and water to move vehicles.
- It is more fuel efficient than other forms of transportation.
- Water transportation is the process of moving people or goods by water.
- Water transportation is a very old form of transportation that was used by people even before the invention of boats and ships.
- Water transportation is still used by many people today, especially in areas where there are no roads or where roads are not suitable for transportation.