Some points on advantages of waterways are discussed below. So let us check it out some information on waterways and its advantages.
Main Advantages of Waterways:
1. Waterways are a very efficient way to move large volumes of water over long distances.
2. They are relatively cheap to build and maintain. Water transport does not require huge investment in constructing and maintaining the tracks, which can be seen on railways or roadways. It can carry heavy goods at very low costs.
3. Waterways are a renewable resource – they can be used indefinitely.
4. They are flexible – can be used for transportation, recreation, and power generation.
5. Waterways are aesthetically pleasing.
6. They support a diversity of plant and animal life.
7. Waterways can be used to control flooding.
8. Waterways can be used to irrigate crops.
9. Waterways can be used for hydroelectric power generation.
10.Waterways can be used for recreational activities such as swimming, boating, and fishing.