Air transportation is the most popular way to travel long distances, and it is fast, efficient, and relatively comfortable. Almost all airports are connected; when you board an airplane, you embark on a journey that will take you to your destination much more quickly than if you were to drive.
Advantages of Air transportation
1. Air transportation is fast - it can get you to your destination much more quickly than other means of transportation.
2. Air transportation is efficient - it can move a lot of people or cargo a long distance very quickly.
3. Air transportation is comfortable - you can sit back and relax in a plane while you travel.
4. Air transportation is affordable - it is often cheaper to fly than to take a train or a bus.
5. Air transportation is safe - it is much less likely to be involved in an accident than other forms of transportation.
6. Air transportation is flexible - you can travel to many different places without having to take a different mode of transportation.
7. Air transportation is environmentally friendly - planes emit less CO2 than cars, trains, or buses.
Disadvantages of Air Transportation
1. When compared to road and water transportation, air transportation is very expensive. The cost of maintaining an aircraft is way greater than that of maintaining roads or waterways. Tickets can be pretty costly, especially if you are traveling during peak times.
2. It can be challenging to get a seat on a plane – especially if you are traveling during popular times like holidays or weekends.
3. Air travel can be uncomfortable, especially if you are stuck in a middle seat or entire plane.
4. It can be challenging to get to the airport if you stay far away from the airport.
5. Air travel is often unpredictable – flights can be delayed or canceled for several reasons.
6. The cost of construction of air transport is quite high compared to water transport, building and maintenance of huge infracture is not requied in water transport while air transportation needs huge investment.