Some points on environmental impacts of solar energy are discussed below. Also check out the advantages and disadvantages to know more about solar energy.
Environmental impacts of solar energy are :
- Clean and sustainable electricity can be generated using solar energy without emission of greenhouse gases and toxic pollution. Solar photovoltaic (PV) panel cells do not require water or the combustion of fossil fuels to generate electricity. Solar energy replaces or reduces the use of conventional energy sources that have larger effects on the environment.
- Solar plants require large land and the collection of field produce shading not over large areas, which may lead to disturbance in local ecosystem.
- Air pollution may be caused by chemical reactants which is used in storage for heat transport.
- Wildlife habitat disruption and destruction
- The environmental impacts which is associated with solar power can include land use, water use, habitat loss and the use of hazardous materials in manufacturing