Some points on drawbacks of solar energy are discussed below. Also check it out its advantages and disadvantages to learn more about solar energy.
Some drawbacks or solar energy are :
- One of the major drawback of solar energy is the cost of the equipment which is expensive to buy and install
- Solar energy can be used used during the day but at night time this equipment is of no use.
- If the area is small then the equipment cannot be installed, because to get more output it require large area for installment.
- It cannot be use at places where there is unavailability of sunlight.
- Seasonal energy and location sensitivity
- High upfront cost
- Installation requirement
- Some PV cells are made up of heavy metals which are toxic and difficult to recycle
- Panels can deteriorate and pollutants are created when cells are made.