- Polyethene can be harmful to the environment if it is not disposed of properly.
- It can take hundreds of years for polyethene to decompose, during which time it can release harmful chemicals into the environment.
- If polyethene is burned, it can release toxic fumes into the air.
- Polyethene can also be harmful to wildlife if it is not disposed of properly.
- Animals can mistake pieces of polyethene for food and if they eat it, it can block their digestive system and kill them.
- To prevent polyethene from harming the environment, it should be recycled or disposed of in a landfill.